The Rainbow Bridge books were published beginning in 1975. They were forerunner books for the New Age movement. The authors, now deceased, wanted no attention for themselves, and went by “Two Disciples”. Their names were Norman and Josephine Stevens. Josephine was Alice A. Bailey’s personal secretary for a number of years, and Norman served on the board of the Arcane School.
These teachings are:
- About working with and identifying with the Soul in each of us
- Anchored in the presentations of esoteric knowledge by Alice A. Bailey and Theosophy
- Based on experimental and experiental work by the authors with a “prototype” group
- About using the methods of visualization, evocation, invocation, as part of meditation
- Designed for both individual and group work, with guidelines for forming groups
- Designed to assist in purifying the personality, in preparation for full identification with the Soul.
Norman and Josephine had unique gifts to combine in creating these teachings. Norman had a scientific approach, having studied physics at MIT in the early part of the last century, yet was a spiritual seeker all of his long life. Josephine had objective awareness of the etheric and emotional fields around people, and could describe them in great detail. They tried many of the spiritual techniques of their times and evaluated them for effectiveness.
Please see the following page for more information, a meditation guide, and an animation showing the visualizations.